Sunday, July 10, 2016

July 10 :: Colorful

This is my beautiful patchwork quilt made especially for me by my sister, Lisa. 

With so many of our other family members, as a gift of her time and talent, she's expertly 
guided each one in making a quilt of their very own. From helping them to select well-
coordinated fabrics, carefully cutting out all of the pieces, and then patiently sewing them 
together, she's been there every step of the way, always the enthusiastic and encouraging 
teacher. 

With us living so far away and our visits back always going so fast, she delighted me with 
this wonderful surprise several years ago. 

Knowing how much I miss our family and our shared history with the Texas prairie, she 
intentionally chose farm-themed fabrics and stitched them together with love.  I'm so very 
proud of her sweet gift and enjoy seeing it hanging from its place of honor every single day 
from right here in my chair. 

❤️

And would you believe, she asks with a warm twinkle, that I'm still finding the smiles she 
so thoughtfully pieced, pressed, and tucked inside?

Yes. 
I thought you might. 
😉

.            *             .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)