Friday, July 22, 2016

Heber Springs Bound

When my Uncle Tom died I had a real sense that I needed to be there for his funeral.

Not only is he very special to me,
I am so *hungry* for stories of our family 
and, 
with my Moma dying almost 20 years ago, 
I can no longer ask her.

But.
 I can ask her siblings.

So off we went.


A piece of our rental car's trim came loose so made an unexpected stop to get it fixed. 


The Arkansas line snuck up on us and we missed it!

The moon followed and watched over us throughout our whole trip.  Good thing. A critter
ran out in front of us and hubby wasn't able to miss it. So that piece of trim that came loose
on our rental car earlier and we stopped to have it fixed back in Birmingham?  Well, it's
loose again.

But under her watchful eye, we made it safe and sound. 

.      *      .

And the Deer (Angels) continue to show up.

Smiling warmly because when I called our insurance company earlier this week to adjust 
our coverage to include our rental for this trip, the kind agent said that, as we'd been talking,
she'd been watching a sweet little fawn outside of their office window!

Then, our trip in had several glitches ... all more on the smallish side but had to be worked 
thru before we could continue on ... and we pulled into the hotel at 12:52 a.m. this morning 
(1:52 a.m. our time). Not too long before we arrived here, a doe crossed the road in front of 
us. 

As I sat resting in a hot bath this morning, a fond smile spread. What if all of the "glitches" 
were timed so that this dear little one would be crossing the winding country road at just the 
right time?

Indeed, it appears that all is well.


.           *             .




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)