Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Ash Wednesday 2017

As I sat in mass this morning, it was interesting to notice
the feelings that arose inside of me...

I just don't relate to or understand the why behind all of the
guilt?
shame?
lecturing?
that I heard in the readings.

After mass, I flipped thru the Lenten songs 
and, seeing this one, 
brought a sigh of relief.  
Yes.  

This is how I want to intentionally practice Lent this year.


On my way to work, took a moment to say "hello."

Before walking into work, I was feeling well.
Content.

I revisited a favorite blessing as soon as I sat down at my desk.

And then.

We had a l-o-n-g, unexpected 2-hour lunch meeting
with one of the leaders in our new firm.

The news of our new location was deeply disappointing.
And not in the area they promised they'd look.
I do understand the reasoning behind it all.

But the reality is the drive in will be much farther for me,
perhaps even doubled.

I was not happy.

In hindsight,
it was amazing to me to see the difference in my face
that a few hours 
and challenging news
can make.

I think I look years older in my second selfie.

Mama Grace, 
please give me strength.
Amen.

.           *             .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)