Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Grounded Peach Petal Mandala

I like this one a lot. 

❤️

When I posted this one on Facebook, a friend asked me what I liked about it.

It's actually "upside down" in my book but when I try to look at it "right side up," I know
it isn't right. The peach (light orange) petal in the top middle was the first shape I found 
among my scribbles and "she" is at the heart of this piece for me. I love how she's sheltered 
by the purple, red, and green and especially how the green seems to be gently embracing her. 

Or wait, are the purple, red and green fields 
another, single watchful presence? 

The brown that falls outside of the circle feel like roots.

So you know, she says with a soft smile, I'm seeing myself in this one, yes? And it speaks 
deeply to me of my word for this year, Grounded.

Yes.

.          *           .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)