Sunday, March 5, 2017

Practicing Hope

So Hope was my word for 2014 and "she" has been peeking in on me, her beloved daughter, 
a lot in the last little while. (I've come to think of some of my words Grace, Mercy, Hope, 
and Peace as sister auntie angels who love, guide, and watch over me)

Last Tuesday morning a dear friend shared a lovely quote about hope with me and that 
afternoon our purple crocuses, who speak to me of the hope of spring, peeked their heads 
out and winked at me. 

Our car wreck on Friday night was at an intersection with a small, red brick church with 
a wire steeple on one corner. I felt so touched when hubby came back and told me it was 
named "Center of Hope" (!!). We waited the hour for our tow truck driver to arrive in the 
shelter of her back parking lot.

And yesterday morning I intentionally invited Hope in close by choosing my sweet blue 
and white striped mug for my warm, soothing cup of creamy chai tea. I so love this book, 
"An Altar in the World" by Barbara Brown Taylor! So much so that every time this water 
baby gets in the tub, this gently wise and reassuring book goes in with me. And of course, 
she adds with a twinkle, I have an angel in my bathroom!

Wishing us all a good week and may there be many pockets of Hope. 

❤️

.           *             .




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)