Thursday, March 9, 2017

Trustin' in Grace and in The Wisdom of the Body

So I had a Lent themed book picked out but when it came time to order it, I was having 
trouble finding it. When a copy finally arrived on Tuesday, some of the pages are so messed 
up in places that I can't make out all of the words. While disappointed, after sitting with it 
for a bit, I knew.  It will need to be returned.

In the midst of all of that planning, this preordered book quietly arrived a couple weeks back. 
I remember smiling when I opened it to see more orange, and both the title and cover spoke 
to me. I then set it aside with a promise to return to it... later.

After reluctantly giving up on my first choice for a Lenten companion, I picked this one up 
last night and started reading.

And lookie what I found just in the intro of this book that so clearly chose me:

"You are beginning the long and beautiful journey home."

"The body speaks truth if we would only learn how to listen."

"... the body calls us fully present here and now."

..

Ah, she says as a wide smile spreads, if practicing Grounded means to practice being 
fully in this present moment, doesn't that mean being fully in my dear body as well?

Yes. 

🍊

#grounded2017

.            *             .

2 comments:

  1. I have been a lover of Orange for quite some time. I love seeing you come alive to its beauty and warmth. I hope the book is meaningful to you. I hope you will post a little review, or a few insights, when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiling warmly your way, Marcie, loving that you've loved Orange for quite some time. I'm taking the book s-l-o-w-l-y so it may be awhile.... :) (Love that you asked)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)