Saturday, July 1, 2017

Evening Mass

I have been occasionally slipping over to this smaller church
for evening mass for around 15 years now.

The former pastor used to Anoint the Sick 
every first Saturday 
so, when I could, I would always try to make
it over there on a first Saturday.

To my disappointment,
the new pastor hasn't been following suit
(which he certainly doesn't have to).

I was so *delighted* to hear on Saturday that 
I would have the opportunity to participate
in this special sacrament again that night.

It's been a year or more since the last time
I've been anointed so this felt like a real gift.

.    .    .   .    .   .   .

After that, I went about my usual, personal traditions:

Lighting candles and whispering prayers

 🕯 💕 🙏🏻

And seeking out and admiring pretty flowers.

.          *            .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)