Thursday, July 6, 2017

Hamilton

Curious and on a whim, I checked out the "Hamilton" Broadway recording from our library. 
The first time thru the first cd, I thought "I'm turning this in because I just don't understand 
the words."

But the music and the lyrics were catchy and, not having any plans to stop back by the 
library soon, it stayed in Betsy's CD player so I kept listening to it.

Then Friday night Tadd drove us somewhere and I wanted to share a couple of songs that 
were becoming my favorites. Plus, she adds with a twinkle, with him being a big history 
buff, I figured he could probably help me make sense of it.

Sure enough, between being able to ask questions and me not driving so I could concentrate 
on the words, I began to really enjoy both the music and the story even more.

Who knew? 

In fact, I haven't even started disc 2 yet. I'm still enjoying the first one so much and with 
each time thru, not only do I catch a little more, I also become more and more impressed 
with Lin-Manuel Miranda and his Gift of music, wit and making history both fun and 
interesting. 

.          *               .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)