Friday, July 28, 2017

Welcome Home, Sis

Daddy's spare bedroom has so many warm memories in it, offering its own sense of 
"welcome home, sis."

I was itty bitty (3?) when Moma and Daddy bought the braided rug on the floor. I still 
remember sitting on it and riding it like a horsey when they first brought it home to our 
pink and white trailer house while it was still rolled up in our living room. 

The white dresser was a gift from a friend right after my cancer was discovered when I 
was 15. Knowing I would be spending a lot of time recovering at home, several kind 
folks joined together to spiff up my room. Along with this dresser there was new carpet 
put in as well.

The quilt on the bed is one of many that my sister, Lisa, has lovingly made. While she 
crafted this one for Daddy, hubby and I get to snuggle under its warmth every time we 
come so, in it's own way, it, too, has become an old, treasured companion.

Blessed be.

.         *          .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)