Thursday, July 10, 2014

Throw Back Thursday

Me, 40 years ago, summer of 1974.


I was 12 
and had made 
my red, white, and blue 
halter dress, scarf, and 
matching shorts underneath
the split skirt.
Seems it was my 4-H dress review
sewing project that year.

It was also the only year
I was in band, 
learning to play the flute.

Smiling softly because I love that Moma
thought to capture both of these
important details about me
and where I was at that time in my life.

(In the next few years,
things would *so* change
both for me
and my family!)

I am standing to the left of 
the front of our family home and 
the house has since been moved.

When we go back for a visit, 
it's amazing to me, 
quite *stunning* at times,
to see how the farmland now looks like 
a home, 
and a family, 
were never there.

(But we were.)


.          *          .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)