Saturday, December 13, 2014

InstaAdvent 13 :: Hope


This prompt was easy because Hope is my word for 2014
and this necklace has been around my neck a lot in the last year.
I treasure it's quiet reminder to practice hope.

As I've said before, 
it was quite a surprise to find Hope
snuggled up next to me, 
asking if she might travel with me for awhile,
because
I had pretty much discarded her
a very long time ago.

Smiling softly 
because her first lesson to me this year
was the reason I felt 
so very disappointed in her
was because I had been placing my hope
in the wrong
(and untrustworthy)
places.

When I place my Hope 
in the right places,
Grace,
for example,
I can trust 
that things will all work out in the end.

Even when it may not feel like it in this moment
(or even the next).

.    *    .

Smiling softly
because it only occurred to me in the last week 
to add Moma's 3 little bells to my necklace of Hope.
I'm liking it very much.

.         *         .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)