Sunday, December 7, 2014

Mandala ~ Witness


This mandala was born in the wee hours 
when anxiety was paying me yet another visit
during what has been a difficult year. 

I just drew lines and colored shapes as felt right. 

When it was finished 
and I held it up to look at it, 
my breath caught. 

This mandala speaks to me 
of great Hope.
(and Grace, Mercy, and Enough, too) 

The oldest, deepest, still-convalescing part of me,
swaddled in a green blanket of growth, 
continues her life-long process of recovery.

 And, while it has taken a very long time,
 she, 
that broken, bruised and abandoned little girl,
who still lives inside my heart,
 no longer fills the entire circle of my life, 
threatening to both overwhelm me
and go way outside the lines. 

Instead the curtain of the dark night of the soul
is gently, persistently being drawn back

and there is now 
an almost equal space for the loving, 
Care-filled witness part of me,
who *wants* to be there,

here,

too. 

This feels like very holy, sacred and honoring work.

(Know that I am grateful for your witness as well)

.           *          .

2 comments:

  1. I am honored to bear witness.

    I feel a peace + calmness + a beckoning when I look at this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth... both for your witness and for your kind words letting me know you were here. <3

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)