Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Peace 2015

(This photo is a gift from my friend, Beth.)

Peace has gently snuggled up next to me in the last little while, and I welcome her companionship in 2015.  Smiling, because loving Advent as much as I do and with it also the beginning of a new church year, it seems appropriate to start my time with my new word for the year now, just as I did with Hope last year.

I'm coming to appreciate that I have a pretty strong automatic fight/flight response and so anxiety is/has been a common experience for most of my life.

I welcome Peace's invitation to see what she might have to teach me. Far from peace at any price (denial), I feel called to practice her wisdom of seeing things for what they are, breathing to help calm myself, letting it be (as best I can in each moment) and trusting I will be led with the next right thing when the timing is right.

In the meantime, I can trust, waiting and resting in her welcoming, soothing presence.
May it be so.
Amen
.        *        .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)