Friday, December 19, 2014

InstaAdvent 20 :: Holiday Prep






Grinning because I couldn't decide
which photo I liked better.

The Christmas tree fabric 
is my apron that I've worn 
for years (and years!).

I made it using one of Moma's
for a pattern 
and it's like the ones 
she and Grandma used to wear.

When I bake,
especially at holiday time,
I like to have a lighted candle with me,
just like a dear family friend 
and her mom did.

The flame reminds me of fond times 
spent in the kitchen 
preparing nourishment for our family
with the women I love so much.

Many of them
have passed on 
and the candle reminds me
that they are still close by
and their love

never 

burns away.

.          *          .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)