Friday, November 1, 2013

Giving Thanks - Day 1



Today I am thankful for my Moma, grandparents, dear friends, and relatives who have passed on before me. I am smiling softly, ever-grateful for their presence in my life and for the bits and pieces of their lives, their wisdom, their hearts and their love they so freely and kindly shared with me. 

May each one rest in peace and, during this very special "thin time," may they know how much I miss and love them.

.     *      .

The picture above is a reminder of how blessed, deep healing does happen.  My Moma had flown out to come see me during a very difficult time in the hospital.  I had only been a Georgian for 7 months and married for 3.  Before I even saw her, I *knew* she was on her way to my room because I recognized the sound of her walk in the hospital hallway floors.  It was music to my heart and soul.

(This is me trusting' that simply showing up is Enough)

.     *     .


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. :) It is such a wonderful season to express, honor and share the value and love to those who have paved the paths of LoVe before us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rose. And, yes, my friend, it really is . . . <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wrote in my journal about my own mother, and even in the midst of all the insanity, after all these years I've found a tender place in my heart for her. Thank you for sharing this, so glad she was there during that time and thank you for giving me the courage and inspiration to know that one of these days soon I will create a post about her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiling softly your way as I say you are most welcome, Kimberley.

      Wishing you all of the very best as you continue to walk what most certainly can be a difficult and bumpy journey. Those tender places aren't always easy to come by and, given the circumstances sometimes, it is as it should be, yes? (Meaning there are times when we especially want and need to use great care when opening our hearts) It warms my heart to hear, that with time and wisdom, you are finding one for your mama, too. <3

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)