Sunday, April 6, 2014

My Self Portrait ... in Crayon :)


I'm taking Brene Brown's part 2 e-course on her book, The Gifts of Imperfection.  

One of our assignments this first week was to turn to the back of our art journals and draw our self portrait in crayon.  She said it's meant to be our "author's page" and her enthusiasm was palpable.  Even so, at first I was really dreading it and I didn't care much for my hair in the beginning.  My hair is brown so I used my brown and sepia crayons.  It wasn't until I got out my black one and filled in my curly hair that it started to feel like me.  

Turns out her joy about this assignment was infectious.  I'm so tickled the way mine turned out!

.        *        .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)