Friday, April 18, 2014

Hot Crossed Buns and Memories



Following a family tradition passed down from the beloved women in my family, I baked Hot Crossed Buns today (Good Friday). Smiling softly remembering how they were always served at Easter dinner because that's when we were all gathered around Grandma's warm and welcoming table.

The lit candle is a another long-held tradition shared by a dear family friend who passed away many years ago. It's company is intended to remind me to gently hold those I care about in my thoughts and prayers as I work. Smiling softly again because I also like to remember my friend and the other women who are especially precious to me, gathering them and their love around me once again, too.

.          *          .


1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful to honor family and friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)