Monday, April 21, 2014

Simple Joy of a Beautiful Dress



It's been a family tradition in my family for as long as I can remember.

Well, actually?  Daddy tells me the tradition started in his family when he was a child.

Every year, we would get a new outfit for Easter.  Smiling fondly because Moma often made us 5 girls matching dresses for both Easter and Christmas.

I've continued the tradition and, I think more than I realized, I've felt disappointed because it's been a few years since I've been happy with my Easter dress.  

Grinning because I really, *really* like this year's!  

It fits me really well.  (Hard to tell with my sweater, I know, but it was a bit chilly!)  And I *love* the color, too!  As the kind saleslady said to me that day, "this dress is *yours*!"

Isn't it wonderful the simple joy a beautiful dress can bring?

Well, lookie here, I'm still grinning!

.          *          .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)