Saturday, April 26, 2014

Calm Map


I'm so enjoying Brene Brown's e-course on her book, The Gifts of Imperfection.  Last week we studied my very favorite guidepost:  #8 - Cultivating Calm and Stillness, Letting Go of Anxiety as a Lifestyle and one of our assignments was to create a Calm Map.

We put a "legend" on the bottom, a visual reminder of what helps us to maintain calm.  On our actual map, we listed our personal steps to help us find our way back to calm when (not "if"!) we loose it.

Beginning with the bottom of the sailboat and going clockwise, mine are:

~ Breathe
~ Notice, Soften, Allow, Love
~ Breathe
~ Ask questions
   ~ Will freaking out help?
~ Hold on loose!
~ Breathe
~ Put my hand on my heart
   ~ I am not alone in this
~ Repeat
~ Forget!
~ Remember
~ Begin again
~ Breathe

I'm so pleased with the way this turned out.  The sailboat is a napkin that I've had in the front of my journal for a couple months now.  I was delighted to pick it up one night as I was fixing myself a cup of chamomile tea while at our book group.

.         *          .


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)