Thursday, January 4, 2018

Savouring January - Day 4 - Dream

My new air fryer cooks up grilled ham and Swiss sandwiches 
(with a sprinkling of poppy seeds like Moma used to make) 
like a dream! 

 A perfect lunch on this cold, blustery day.

It's based on a recipe from l-o-n-g ago when I was a little girl. 
Back then the local gas company would put on a cooking show 
and hand out little books with recipes in it, 
including the ones they had just demonstrated. 

The original recipe called for making a spread 
of mustard, butter, grated onion and poppy seeds. 
Today I just smear both insides of my bread with a little mayo,
 top that with a thin layer of yellow mustard, 
and sprinkle both sides generously with poppy seeds. 

As you probably can imagine, 
the poppy seeds add a bit of yummy crunch. 

Delish!

#SavouringJanuary2018

.            *            .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)