Monday, November 6, 2017

November Remembrance - Day 1 of 40

Gina Pender was a very devout soul
and friend of our family. 
She strongly believed in and 
talked often about the importance of prayer 
- hers, mine and others.

There was never any doubt in my mind
that she was constantly praying for me. 
She was my encourager to continue praying 
even while I was struggling with bone cancer
and grieving the end of my parents' marriage.

A true light of Hope at a time 
when things were really, *really* dark.

She also made it possible for me to have
some of the actual holy water from the 
Our Lady of Lourdes shrine in France.

(I later passed the remaining water
to my younger cousin, 
who eventually died from cancer.)

Cathy Smith is a dear friend and sister
who I have laughed with, cried with,
and shared hearts with for 
more than 12 years.

Both of these precious women have 
been vessels to and for me...
in different capacities.

The first, passed beyond the veil, 
a vessel of prayer.

The second, still gratefully here, 
a vessel of empathy.

Both cherished vessels of love.

Blessed be.

.          *          .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)