Thursday, November 9, 2017

November Remembrance - The Story & Day 4 of 40

So I had this idea. . .

And as wonderful ideas sometimes do, it's been blossoming into a lovely practice for this, 
the month of Remembrance, that blessed time of year when we intentionally remember 
our loved ones who have passed on.

I'm not sure, she says with a twinkling grin, why it never really occurred to this deep lover 
of the Communion of Saints before that *this* is the perfect time to honor and celebrate 
those I dearly love and a concept that speaks so deeply to my soul. This one is in my bones.

So! With next month being the 40th anniversary of the discovery of my bone cancer and 
my parents divorce, and a friend reminding me that 40 is a significant number in the Bible 
(the Israelites wandered for 40 years and Jesus fasted for 40 days), I wondered if I could 
come up with 40 beloveds that have been particularly close to my heart and touched my
soul over the years? And, if so, might I ask them to pray for and walk with me during this 
holy Anniversary time? 

Turns out, she says with a fond smile, that I came up with more than 40! (Who knew?!) 
As I was listing those treasured ones, dearies that have not yet passed (thank you, 
Mama Grace!) kept coming to mind as well. Smiling big as I remembered we are all a 
part of the Communion of Saints so why not? Could I come up with 40 treasured living 
souls as well? (Turns out there were more than 40 of those as well). So by this time, I'm 
feeling deeply grateful and tenderly held. 

I originally thought I would just make a list of those sweet souls and keep it close and that 
list is here, gently propped against the lamp (a light unto my feet). Then it dawned on me, 
why don't I also put their names on slips of paper - cream for departed, blue for still here - 
and draw one of each in the morning to see who in particular I might ask to spend that day 
of remembrance with me? Then I thought what if I chose a word and an angel card, too, 
and just prayerfully played with how they might all fit together?

With my box of words hanging out on the dining room table this morning, I drew my word 
first on my way here to my chair. "Hmmmm.. Trickster," I thought. Sitting down and settling 
in with my warm cup of creamy chai on this chilly, rainy autumn morning, I gently shook 
up my box of names and drew these 2 beauties out. I'm still grinning big as these two in 
particular had a wonderfully playful mischievous side. Tricksters of the very best kind indeed.

Blessed be. 

❤️❤️

.           *           .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)