Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Remembrance - Day 10 of 40

Gathering the Love

Cody was a kind soul who left our world too soon.  The last time I saw him was at my
uncle's funeral.  I'd always held a deep fondness and it'd been decades since we last
saw one another.  I was surprised to find him in tears as he hugged me.  Did he love
my uncle that much?

No, 
she says softly and tenderly.

Turns out he was that glad to see me.  Not long after my cancer was diagnosed as a 
teen his family moved away and he thought I had died many years ago.  So to him?
My standing in front of him and hugging him was a miracle!  What a blessing and 
very good reminder for me.  My life is a gift.

.      .      .      .     .

I love that these two came together.  Linda was one of the many "mamas" I gathered
around myself as mine had left.  She was a beautiful woman filled with love and, 
whenever she could, she took time to be with me.  As did many of the mothers of
the sons in our 4-H club.

Blessed be.

.               *               .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)