Sunday, November 12, 2017

Remembrance - Day 7 of 40

Smiling big as these two 
are the *Perfect* Sunday morning pilgrimage companions. 

💜 . 💜

Judy, my favorite chaplain at the hospital was the very first woman minister that I'd 
ever met.  She was both tender and tough and we spent so many hours together at my 
bedside and once she had me over to her home to share a meal with her and her two
children.  Probably shouldn't have but did anyway.  I liked that rebel side of her.  It
inspired me.  

She was one of those dears that I continued to send Christmas greetings to and I was 
delighted whenever I'd hear back from her.  Last year, her card was returned as 
non-deliverable and so I did some googling and discovered she had passed.  Her obit 
includes a picture and while she doesn't look like I remember, I do love the photo as it
captures her mischievous side.  

.     .    .     .      .

Karl was my most dearest and most precious Al-Anon sponsors and we walked thru
*a lot* together, including my Moma's death.  He listened and loved, listened and offered
wisdom, and then listened and loved some more.  I've often said he provided some of
my best mothering because it's true.  I would *not* be the woman I am today were it
not for his precious presence in my life.

.     .    .     .      .

Yes, wise angels, these two dears in particular encouraged me to be Brave while also 
providing the safe space and brave containers that I needed to process so many of my 
feelings so I could do just that.

Blessed be.

.           *           .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)