Thursday, November 16, 2017

Remembrance - Day 11 of 40

Smiling that these two showed up together. Lalor will often say that her name rhymes 
with "Taylor."
.   .   .   .   .

I met Dennis in college thru a graduate research study he was doing on folks with 
Raynaud's Syndrome.  He wanted to see if this phenomenon, nicknamed the "patriot's 
disease" because our extremities turn red, white, and blue, might have a stress related 
component and, if so, could the symptoms be curbed with the use of biofeedback.  Turns 
out the answer to both is yes.  

He was a kind soul who I always knew cared about me as a person.  I was not just a 
means to an end for him.  It was a sad day several years ago when I tried to reconnect 
with him and discovered he had already passed before I could say thank you (again).

.    .    .    .    .

Lalor is the dear woman who led the book group that I faithfully participated in for as 
long as she did them.  She is a spiritual director and I always appreciated her willingness
to let us wrestle.  Her womb of an office was a safe place to bravely struggle through 
the books we read together and/or whatever was on our hearts.  

She also had a deep fondness for me, even as I struggled with the other members in
our group.  She loved me even when I found it hard to love.  And that meant the 
world to me.
.     .     .     .     .

The other interesting thing about these two and the word Restore arriving on the same day?  
I was tired and seeing the three together brought a very warm smile.  

Yes.  

I believed that both of them would want me to restore by resting.  I could catch up here 
on another day.  

(Which is just what I did.)

Blessed be.

.           *          .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)