Wednesday, November 8, 2017

November Remembrance - Day 3 of 40

Annette and Susan are my husband's baby sister aunts
so it seemed right to include them together.
Annette was a month old when she died.
 Susan died in their dear mother's womb ten years later.

While we've never met,
I trust they both watch over both hubby and me
and I warmly welcome them 
into my circle of dearly beloveds
(where they belong).

.     .     .

Terri, a few years ahead of me in college, 
is a dear soul who played guitar and
who gave me a lot of the love I needed
when we in Newman club together.  

I am still so touched by one memory in particular.
After an emotional day at a weekend retreat,
we were sitting under the low-to-the-ground
wide wingspan of a sheltering tree, 
Terri's arm protectively, firmly wrapped around my weeping self.
She was a willing and wondrous container 
and in that moment I felt so tended, so held and so loved.

Looking up, I commented how it felt like 
we were under a protective mama bird's caring wing.

.     .     .

Ah, Mama Grace, 
you were already calling to me way back then,
weren't you?

So in a very real way, 
this trio is a Blessed Bridge to you
and all of my Auntie Angels.

Blessed be.

.          *          .
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)