Friday, October 18, 2013

A Rustic Bridge and Her Wise Lesson


As I've mentioned before, having recently headed off in a very different direction in my life, bridges have become an important companion and teacher for me.  Seeing this one at Killing the Vampyre, I was immediately drawn to it and I am so grateful for Dawn's kind permission to use a copy here. 

I love it's beautiful surroundings and what I'm most struck by is the dry creek bed it crosses and rustic shape it's in.  From here, the actual path of the bridge looks steady but I'm a little less certain about the rickety-looking handrails.  Smiling because, if I were out for a walk on a lovely fall day, I think I would "need," she says with a twinkle, to walk across this bridge. 

But if I were to come across her at night and/or during a storm?  I think, especially considering my constant crutch companions, it would be most wise for me to take a pass on crossing this bridge in that moment.

For me this is a timely, poignant, and welcomed reminder about the importance of using the gift of discernment.  I want to intentionally take the time to care-full-y consider my circumstances, the weather, and my abilities when choosing to cross a particular bridge in any moment.  

And, perhaps, as in life, not every bridge that presents herself to me is meant to be a part of my journey.

(This is me, trustin' that just showing up is Enough)

.     *     .   

4 comments:

  1. Love your take on the Bridge! I am and always have been drawn to bridges and train tracks, I would love to share a photo of tracks with you that turned out fantastic! You Inspire me Deb! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments, Dawn. I'd enjoy seeing your photo . . .

      Delete
  2. What a lovely scene in the photo and lovely words too. thanks for sharing your thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comment. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)