Thursday, October 17, 2013

Let it Be

"It's not a matter of letting go ... you would if you could.  Instead of "Let it go," we should probably say "Let it be." ~ Jon Kabat-Zinn

Smiling softly because "let it be" feels so much more gentle to me than "let it go" and I'm finding it much ease-ier for me to work with, too.

A friend used to say that "let it go" felt like dropping something that was of deep concern to her and that it meant that she no longer cared (or was allowed to care).  For her, "turning it over" to her Higher Power worked much better. 

It sure made a lot of sense to me when she said it and what a great reminder that different phrases will work for and fit better for each of us.

I discovered Jon's wise quote yesterday morning when things were still going well.  Then, as sometimes happens, things took a downward turn and I had an opportunity to practice letting it (and me) be.


(This is me, trustin' that just showing up is Enough)

.     *     .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)