Saturday, October 26, 2013

Remembering to Give Thanks


One of my cherished practices to help prepare myself for Thanksgiving 
is to find something to be grateful for every. single. day. in November
and write about it.  Smiling softly because I've also 
found that this intentional exercise nourishes my heart and soul.
And when I'm faithful to it, as best I can (which is Enough)?
 By the time the fourth Thursday in November arrives, 
I find myself in a most welcomed and very grateful place.

This morning, I was working on this collage 
for my Facebook cover page for next month.
Ah, just looking at it brings a warm smile 
and the blessing of knowing
that it's already working. . . .

(This is me, trustin' that simply showing up is Enough)

.     *     .


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful collage. Our Thanksgiving is over, the date that is, but giving thanks daily is a good habit to have all year long. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cathy. I'm so proud of that picture, taken with my i-phone! :)

    And it is my pleasure . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your collage! Love the idea of making art specifically for my Facebook cover! I might have to snag that idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Effy, and I'm tickled that I can give a tiny bit back to you. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)