Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Thankful Tuesday


Today I am thankful for:

~ a chilly fall morning on a day when I have time to leisurely tuck into a soft, down comforter and surround myself with candlelight.

~ rediscovering the pure joy that comes from creating art by sewing something with my own hands.

~ hubby is feeling better from his virus.

~ *and* it looks like I'm not going to catch it!

~ finding a wise passage that offers a much-needed and welcomed guiding light:
"Often when we hear the term *self-care,* we immediately think about ways to nurture ourselves physically. Actually, one of the most powerful ways to practice self-care is to start eliminating and releasing critical or judgmental thoughts about ourselves. Whether these thoughts come from feelings of inadequacy, a need to be perfect or a concern about what others think, they can have a huge impact on how you feel about yourself, how you interact in relationships and how you parent." 
~"The Mother's Guide to Self-Renewal" by Renee Peterson Trudeau, pg. 72.


(This is me, practicin' trustin' that simply showing up is Enough)

~ how very blessed I feel every. single. time. I type the words above.  And how, more and more, I'm relaxing into them and learning to believe them, too.

.     *     .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)