Sunday, October 6, 2013

Feast of the Guardian Angels (October 2)


Being the lover of angels that I am, I was sad to realize I'd missed the feast day of the Guardian Angels this year.  But no worries, I now have an annual reminder on my calendar and, in the spirit of Enough, I am here, celebrating today.  

I grew up saying this prayer:

Angel of [Grace], my guardian dear.
To whom [her] love
commits me here.
Ever this day, be at my side 
to light and guard
to rule and guide.
Amen.

I find it comforting to trust that my angel (or are there several of you?), specially chosen just for me, is watching over me.  It soothes me to know that she cares, lights, guides, prays, and loves all while sharing my little corner of the world.  It touches my heart to remember that she been with me ever since I was born and she will continue to be right here with me throughout my entire life.  

And I love having a day set aside to thank her for her gentle companionship, wise guidance and constant love.  

Which I do . . . with my whole heart.

(This is me, trustin' that just showing up is Enough)

.     *     . 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)