Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Practicing Enough

So I've seen it in Octobers past, these pick-a-theme-that-speaks-to-you and write about it for the 31 days in October blog challenges.

And part of me longs to participate.

But.

I'm a little anxious about it and not sure I'm ready to make that kind of a writing commitment.  Especially knowing that October is one of my busiest months at work and that the heavy keying can start to hurt my hands, making it difficult to walk around on my crutches.  So there are some very real self-care concerns.

And yet.  Writing nourishes me.

So.  I began to wonder . . . what if I set out to intentionally post this month with an eye towards Enough?  What if I allowed myself the blessed permission to not worry so much about the structured 31-day commitment and just wrote?

Last year, on my journey with Mercy, I was part of a group where we did quarterly check-ins on our word and I have missed that.  I don't know that I'll be walking with Enough again next year and I'd like to spend some intentional, dedicated time to listening to what she might have to say to me.

Could this be an opportunity for me?

I'm thinking it might.  Even if all I have in me one day is to share a quote on Enough and that's all.  Maybe some days I'll share a quote about Enough and then a few thoughts on it too.

Yes.  I'm thinking this could be a wonderful way to practice Enough for me.

.     *     .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)