Monday, October 7, 2013

Yes to this Moment ~ Beauty

Saturday's assignment for Liz Lamoreux's Yes to This Moment was a simple invitation to go outside.  The idea being that taking time in nature to notice what is around us helps to get us out of our head and back into our body and heart.

That evening I was trying to capture some pretty pink roses that had caught my eye. After several tries I gave up, sighing because their color just wasn't coming thru, appearing more neon instead of the actual subtle, deep pink. 



Ah, but this lovely Beauty was quietly waiting for me all along, patiently watching as I tried to capture her sisters, one rosebush over.  I'm sure she smiled, knowing that I wouldn't have to look far to find her. 

And when I did her, my breath caught and I warmly smiled back, delighted to see her.

Smiling softly now because Mama Grace and Auntie Mercy are just like that for me, too.  Both are always here .... whether I remember or not.  Sometimes alls I need to do is look around a little bit and there they are - never far away at all. 

(This is me, trustin' that simply showing up is Enough.) 

.     *     .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)