Friday, September 13, 2013

A Very Pleasant Surprise



Today is one of those perfectly gorgeous, fall afternoons.  

With it being Friday, I was thinking how nice it would be to celebrate in some small way.  So on my way home from work I stopped by Wendy's for a carmel apple sundae.

In the short time it took for the lady to ask for my order, I hadn't seen what I was looking for on the drive-up menu.  When I described what I wanted, she asked "do you mean a carmel apple parfait?"  Thinking that was probably it, I said yes and she said "come on around."

When I arrived at the window, the man told me that the person taking my order didn't realize the sundaes had been discontinued.  My disappointment quickly turned into smiles when he told me they had all of the ingredients so they could still make one for me.

When nice lady handed it to me, I wasn't sure how much it was so I had my money ready to count.  With a smile, she said, "no, since we were wrong, this one's on us."  What a delightful, unexpected treat!!

I came home humming, took a moment to bask in the sunshine and thoroughly enjoyed my very pleasant surprise.

.     *     .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)