Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Thankful Tuesday ~ Special Hubby Edition


Today is my dear hubby's birthday so I thought it would be a lovely idea to share some of the reasons I am thankful for him:

~ those beautiful eyes that first caught my attention 27 years ago

~ his warm and always ready smile, sometimes mischievous

~ his big-as-the-sky heart that loves and cares so much 

~ the way he breaks out into song, often with a joyful exuberance 

~ his wise ability to accept people for who they are, trusting folks to act in line with 
   their nature
   (I believe this is one of his super-powers)

~ the way he sometimes gets *so* tickled 
   (and how much it tickles me to see how tickled he is)
  
~ his willingness to go along with his wife's antics.  In the picture above, he is rocking 
   with "Sasparillo the Armadillo" sent to us from our goddaughter in Texas.  
   (Sasparillo is similar to Flat Stanley)

~ his kind, intentional thoughtfulness
   one example:  when walking up a slight incline, he'll often put his hand to my back 
   and gently apply a little pressure.  The first time he did it, I was surprised because no 
   one had ever thought to do that before.  It was *amazing* to me how much that little 
   push helped!

~ he is a very best hugger I know

~ the privilege of getting to be the one who is his wife and for the blessing of sharing 25 wonderful years together.

I love you, Dear!!

.     *     .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)