Sunday, September 1, 2013

Home


I made this journal while on a retreat several years ago.  At the time a lot of things were shifting inside and I wasn't sure where I would land and/or end up.  

As I was flipping thru magazines, I didn't quite understand why the words "Act of Daring," touched my heart but they did.  As an act of trust, I cut them out and put them at the top of this journal that I wasn't certain I'd actually ever use.  (I've used spiral-bound notebooks for decades because they lay flat).  

What I *was* sure of was that I loved the picture of the prairie dotted by pretty flowers.

Now, several years later and having walked thru a lot of changes, I am using the journal to record my dreams.  It's such a gift to look at the cover which affirms me in a very deep and unexpected way.  Yes.  Some of the changes I've walked thru have been brave acts of hopeful daring.

Seeing the beautiful prairie blooming and thriving speaks to me on a profound level, reminding me of what can (and does!) happen when I follow my heart's leading and longing.  Even when I am not sure where my path is taking me, just like when I made this journal, I can trust that my journey will take me home to where I belong.

I've also enjoyed rediscovering the pictures I chose to sprinkle throughout my journal on that warm summer's day.  Each one is a welcomed and well-timed "surprise."


This windmill reminds me of my West Texas roots and raisin' because windmills are everywhere there.  It's a very visual reminder that prairies aren't always as full of life as in the picture above.  Nourishment is crucial and sometimes I must dig very deep for the life-giving and sustaining water that is necessary for my survival.



This picture reminds me that bridges are a very comforting metaphor for me right now. I feel like I am on a path to a new place. I'm not exactly sure what it will look like but I am on my way. The wood that the bridge is made of reminds me of some of the fences on my childhood farm.

Ahhh, she says with a warm and tender smile, perhaps I am right on time and my soul, along with Grace, has been and will continue to lead me right where I need to go. Indeed, I am coming back home to my heart . . .

. . . or have I always been here and didn't realize it?

Either way, I am blessed.

Truly.

.     *     .

1 comment:

  1. I do really love the way you write and express yourself. I also relate to your bridge metaphor...a path across. Lovely - thank you for sharing this message.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)