Saturday, September 14, 2013

Beautiful Bridge


"Keep all special thoughts and memories for lifetimes to come.
Share these keepsakes with others to inspire hope and
build from the past, which can bridge to the future."
~ Mattie Stepanek

Bridges have special meaning for me right now.

I've been walking in a new and different direction over the last several months and I'm finding the image of a bridge comforts and teaches me. 

I'm coming to appreciate how a bridge must be strong and faithful in order to remain standing while water rushes under her and she bridges the gap from one side of the river to the other.  When I come across a bridge these days, each one gently, calmly reminds me that as my path continues to lead me away from some familiar (and very beloved) parts of my life, my journey really isn't ending.  I am simply standing on a bridge and have started a fresh, new beginning to another place.

Smiling softly because the peaceful bridge above touches and calls to my heart in a very special way.  It reminds me that the journey and the future can be very beautiful indeed.   It inspires me because if my future is that beautiful, I *want* to keep walking.  :)

The wise quote above reminds me that I will always have my memories of what was and I can take my fond keepsakes with me into my future, sharing them with my fellow travelers.  Smiling softly because I know my past's treasures inspire hope in me, too.

I am grateful for Shirley at Shirley's Creating for her kind permission to use her photo.  I discovered her lovely blog when we both were participating in Effy Wild's 30-day Blog Along last month.

.     *     .  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing my photo with everyone and your blog with me. Loved it! I will share this with some of my friends on my next blog. :-)
    Sending hugs and smiles. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, my pleasure, Shirley! I'm so glad you liked it (I was hoping you might).

      Sending hugs and smiles right back. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and for letting me know you were here . . . :)